Friday, December 12, 2008

What am I thinking?

Yesterday I scheduled myself off for no other reason than I only work three days a week. I decided with finances a little tight and the electric bill a full $70.00 higher than normal that I'd work an extra day. I lasted five hours - the threat of ice at home made me leave early. The kids all had a half day and the radar said it was freezing. I made it home just fine and the ice hit much later - thank Goddess. Any way, maybe its having almost two weeks off and coming in to actually have work on my desk but the thought more than once today crossed my mind that maybe I should work four days a week. My boss is swamped and I would have plenty to do with her stuff. The extra money would be nice. I'm so tired of playing creative bookkeeper. Hmmm! I kept my thoughts to myself - don't want my boss to get any ideas - or too excited.

Oldest talked on the phone so much to boyfriend today that the phone is dead. Drives hubby nuts. I remember those days far to clearly. My dad used to set a timer.

Kids had no school due to ice knocking down trees and wires all over the school district. Youngest acyually got a jump on her book project - I left word to do so. This is the only week end we have them before the project is due so guess what we'll be doing this week end?

Youngest said we have to tuck her in - not the other way around so we have to stay up until her bedtime. It is hubby's first night home and with fire calls today he's been up since 5:30 yesterday. I've only been up since 5 this morning and I'm beat. I'm not sure how he does it. Nineteen months and he can go day shift. I'll have to get used to sleeping with him. Now, we sleep in shifts. And that may put an end to youngest crawling in with nightmares from bio.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am amazed at how bad things were out your way - which isn't that far from out my way!! my sister and her family have lost their power for over 24 hours!! did you guys lose power? or are you just out of batteries for hte phone? stay warm and dry!

Visitors