Monday, December 29, 2008

Books

I received an american express card gift certificate from one of my clients. I was told by my office mates not to spend it on the kids. Like that would happen. Not with my present. With my hard earned money, yes! So after Women's Temple I headed to Borders. A friend was headed in the same direction so we met up for hot cocoa - triple chocolate something. Yummy! I found a date book at 50% off, a CD - Stephen Halpern's Chakra Suite, and two books. One is called collage journey - I've been inspired to make an art journal. A little crafty stuff inbetween the pages of my written journal. And to the end I found a big silver, spiral bound sketch pad with the word CREATE accross the front. Perfect. I wrote a few pages of dedication and I have my first coat of paint and glue drying. A few hours wandering among the books with a good friend and cocoa. Now, that is my idea of a great day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

amen, sister~!@@@@

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Books, art, cocoa and a friend to share it, delightful!

Kathy said...

That does sound like a great day! An art journal is really cool. I've seen some wonderful ones, but mine are mostly theory.

Visitors