Monday, December 1, 2008

My favorite Things

I read a blog a few days ago that interested me. Annie talked about a cute blog topic leading me back to this link (if I did it right). Otherwise you can link to writers, witches and words oh my and go from there. I confess I am link challanged. Any way, she wrote about her favorite things starting with J. I linked back and was given the letter P. I've spent a few days thinking and this is my list in no specific order.

1. Paul - my brother, father and grandfather are all Paul. My brother's son - my godson has Paul as his middle name. I can say no matter what complaints I may have about the men in my family, they love deeply. They are there no matter what happens. It is good to know you have someone you can always count on.

2. Potatoes - I love food and cooking but, potatoes by far are my favorite. I have never met one I didn't like.

3. Print - the printed word is a glorious thing. I just love books - not movies of books, or tapes of books but, printed paper that I can hold a treasure like a jewel.

4. People - the people that have touched my life for a second or a lifetime that taught me, inspired me, sparked some part of my Spirit.

5. Parents - OK so Dad gets mentioned twice maybe because I'm so much like him. It is Dad I sound like when I talk. Any way, parents, my parents, my husbands parents, my grand parents have all been a blessing to me.

6. Pleasure - in all it's glorious forms.

7. Paying the bills - to know that I have worked and earned enough money to pay my bills gives me satisfaction. That there is not an abundance of cash flow and paying my bills is a very conscience act could be part of it.

8. Pampering - I love to be pampered - foot rub, massage, reiki .... and I endulge myself as often as possible.

9. Pajamas - soft comfy pajamas to lounge in. Hmm! I'm on the go constantly but when I do slow down (or crash) a nice pair of pajamas to slip into, a cup of tea and a good book. Ahhh!

10. Promptness - I love people and things that are on time.

2 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Potatoes, eh? I chuckled when I read that.

And Promptness ... yeah, I still share your fondness for it, even as I find myself drifting away from it in some ways.

Have a beautiful day!!!

Unknown said...

punctuality is the courtesy of kings... at least that's what my mother says!!! :))) i totally agree with you about potatoes... isn't it a cute way to get thinking of your favorite things? :)

Visitors