Sunday, January 18, 2009

me time

I love my Claude Monet art of the day. He is my all time favorite. I've even discovered a few new paintings. Yeah!

Yesterday I met a girlfriend in the morning and we headed to Stew Leonards to grocery shop. Neither one of had been there before but heard great things. It truly is an experience with music, displays and homemade food being made in front of you. They have their own dairy so all of the milk and yogurt is their own and they make fresh mozzarella right there. They also make fresh potato chips while you wait. The only problem is the have very little "groceries" mainly meat, produce and dairy so we had to go to a real grocery store for the rest. We had lunch out and enjoyed each others company.

In the afternoon I wet to a Grandmother's Council - a Native American ceremony. I was blessed to sit with Grandmother Death (change and transformation) and Grandmother Midwife.

Hubby and I enjoyed steaks and my rainbow pasta for dinner. I mixed bow tie pasta with red tomatoes,orange peppers, yellow peppers,green escarole and purple onion. I sauteed the peppers and onion in olive oil until they started to soften, added garlic and cherry tomatoes and stirred a minute, I added the escarole and covered until it wilted. I stirred in a can of black beans and the cooked pasta. Yummy! I could make a meal of just this.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that sounds delicious!!! and such a nice day, too!!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

That sounds like a fun day with your girlfriend. The pasta dish sounds wonderful. Yeah for Me time.

Kathy said...

It looks like you have had quite a week. I hope oldests' birthday goes well --- for both of you. I often think there is a good reason I never got the daughter I wished for...

I hope you are well and warm.

Laura Rose said...

woohoo...go rainbow!! I did a couple yesterday and one so far today, too!!! I love Monet, too!

Visitors