Sunday, May 10, 2009

Best Mother's Day

Last year hubby bought a card for the kids to give me on Mother's Day. The signed it under much duress. My sweet honest hubby had to tell me that part.

Last Sunday I suggested they send a mother's day card to bio and I could take a picture of them to put inside. I got a half hearted OK. That was the end of that. On Thursday I pulled out the cards and had them pick one. They signed it. I pulled pictures of the kids from our spring break adventures, I addressed the card and mailed it. Way more than the woman deserves but....

This morning I received a beautiful card from hubby and one from the kids. Hubby explained that he told the kids he would get me a card for them. Oldest asked him every night if he had bought the card yet until he did. And everyone signed it happily. What more could I ask for? Big contented sigh.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

awwww... no one deserves a happy mother's day more than YOU! i hope you got a taste of all the appreciation you deserve~!!!!!!

Kathy said...

I am happy for you and your family! What a difference a year makes... with your hard work, perseverance, faith and love.

Laura Rose said...

what a blessing.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Happy Mother's Day, Kim!!
What a difference a year makes.

lynette355 said...

you did right! good job!

see now you know why you had such a good reception to your mom's day card. they all see how good of a mom you are!

Darcy said...

Wow! What a year can do! Mine actually called on Mother's day! She's so much nicer to me when she's a thousand miles away! LOL!

It was nice to see you and the kids on Saturday. They were ANGELS! Including the oldest! I had a lot of fun!

Visitors