Monday, March 16, 2009

What I finished



Back in October I saw a sign with this saying on it (or something similar). I loved it and that it echos Dylan Thomas' poem Do not go gentle into that good night really struck a chord. I had finally finished my wedding cross stitch - OK, so it was complete before our fifth anniversary. I vow never to work with metallic thread again. I pulled out a cross stitch book my girlfriend gave me years ago. It had these witches in it. They are supposed to be separate, glued to felt and made into magnets. Yeah, right. I arranged them my way and got started. Yesterday with the windows open to let in the fresh air it was warmer outside than in. I sat on my deck and completed this little cross stitch. I still need to mount and frame it but, I'm really happy with it.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so cute!!!!

Unknown said...

that is adorable!!!!

Jane said...

What a fun stitch

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I love, love, love it!!! I want one but do not crossstich, but I can embroider so I might have to "borrow" this design. This totally rocks, thanks for sharing.

Laura Rose said...

I love it and the saying!!!

Unknown said...

I love it!!!

Debby said...

My friend bought me a sweatshirt. I may have to borrow one of your witches so that I can cross stitch the saying. My shirt says 'Don't make me get the flying monkeys'.

Visitors