Sunday, March 8, 2009

25 Random Things

This went around facebook and a few blog sites and I've been thinking about what I could say about me and still haven't thought of one. Hmm! 25 random things in no particular order as I wing it.

1) My favorite food is potatoes - never met one I didn't like - would take a potato over chocolate any day.

2) If I do have chocolate I prefer good dark organic chocolate.

3)My grandmother is my biggest hero, passed from this life on my 21st birthday and has been with me every day since. I love you Grandma!

4) I always assumed I would have kids but never pictured myself pregnant or with babies. My brother was going to have the little ones. And we both did.

5) I prefer red cars and think automatic transmissions should be against the law (especially in a sports car). That said, my current car is an automatic only because a car as big as I need is impossible to find in a standard shift.

6)I have preached from the pulpits of a UCC (united church of christ), Methodist and baptist church. I even read scripture at a catholic wedding. I have a masters in Biblical studies and consider myself pagan.

7) I started college as an engineering major and went on to get a degree in English literature. I also have a business degree in accounting.

8) I like my tequila shots with no training wheels (no salt and lime).

9) My brother's nickname for me is Goat. I was on the swim team in high school and would come home and eat everything in sight. His was Yutville (no idea why).

10) My brother and I would tell people he was adopted and I was a tenant. We weren't related to our parents or each other that way.

11) Growing up I had to eat a fork full(or a bowl full)of everything mom made. I have not eaten rutabagas since I turned 18. Mom has to bring those for thanksgiving because I refuse to make them.

12) I love the few gray hairs I have. I feel I've earned them and have no urge to cover them up. I'm hoping my hair turns a beautiful white like my Dad.

13) Even though I don't smoke and hate the habit - I really like a good cigar now and then.

14) I read more than one book at a time. I have at least three going at the moment.

15) I read cook books for fun.

16) I've drove a firetruck to a call.

17) I hate amusement park rides.

18) The only play station game I like (and doesn't make me motion sick) is tetras.

19) I prefer to swim in fresh water than a pool.

20) Without my contacts the big E on the eye chart doesn't exist.

21) I prefer the mountains to the beach.

22) My dream vacation is Alaska.

23) I like to walk the beach in the off season.

24) I love cars and driving.

25) This was much harder than I thought it would be.

2 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Great List, I love cars and driving too.

Unknown said...

Great list!

I agree NO AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS....especially in a Sport's Car!!!! LOL

I wish I could stick to my reading. I have some books I want to read, but I get easily distracted when reading!

Visitors