Saturday, December 15, 2012

Tragedy

I woke up yesterday feeling good.  I keep fighting off all the illnesses going around work.  I went from errand to errand and had tea with a friend.  Mid afternoon I received a phone call from another friend.  I had not heard or seen the news all day.  That 27 people were killed, that 20 were school children and mostly in kindergarten.  What do you say to that?

What can one do besides cry?  My heart aches.  I can not imagine the grief the families must endure from their loss.  I can not imagine the horror the survivors must live with.  The horror that all the emergency workers found upon arrival burnt into their memories.  The surviving members of the shooter's family. 

My prayers to all.  I light a candle.  I cherish my children a little more (if that is possible).  I hold space and love in my heart for all children, for parents and yes, even for the shooter. 


My daughter, trying to wrap her mind around it asked what do the parents do with the presents.  All I could think of is maybe they could give them to a child who may not have any presents.  But, the pain is so raw....

No comments:

Visitors