Friday, December 7, 2012

The Little Things

It's the little things in life that I celebrate and cherish.  I had a manager tell me once that if you can't get the little things right you could never manage the big things.  It relates to everything I think.

So, this week I am grateful for.....

A new beginning with oldest.  When she left almost two years ago she unfriended and blocked me on facebook.  This week she sent a friend request.  And when I looked at her info she had already listed me under family. I know how BIG this is for a teen age girl. 

I am thankful for friends.  For asking how my visit with oldest went.  For challenging my thinking and preconceived notions.  For the many hugs and lots of laughter.  For pretty handmade crafts - jewelry, oils, note books.  For love and support.  For time spent together.

I started the week in NYC with a few Goddesses from my herbal classes.  We convened from different corners of the land and enjoyed each others company.

I went to a friends house for a jewelry party.  The items hand crafted by another friend.  I indulged in  earrings for me and one for oldest.  I have my eye on a few more pieces when funds allow. 

I spent the evening discussing secrets with my foolish wisdom group.  Oh how I love them all.  I'm not a secret keeper. I keep some things private; I select what I divulge to certain people but there is nothing lurking in the recesses of my being that I haven't shared with at least one other.  And there are some things in my past that I have let go of.  They are not a secret but so far removed from who I am now that the details have become irrelevant to me. 

I am grateful for my healthy (in my humble opinion) self esteem.  For always dressing how I wanted and not worrying about what others thought.  And yes, sometimes it was/is a hot mess.  For owning who I am and rejecting what I choose of others opinions.  I don't have to be who others think I am unless I want to.  I know who I am and if others see me differently that is their issue not mine.

And I am grateful for my hubby who loves and supports me and gives me room to grow.

What are you grateful for this week?

1 comment:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Nice post. It's so nice to know that familial ties are strengthening again. And ya know what? I LoVe you for being who you are. Apparently that's a challenge for some. And I dig your self esteem.

As for me, I'm thankful ~ in this moment ~ for my returning motivation and inspiration.

Visitors