Friday, April 27, 2012

The Practicing Herbalist

An amazing book by Margi Flint.  I bought the book at the women's herbal conference in 2010.  I just had to have it.  I kept taking Margi's class over and over on how to read the body.  I looked at that section and put the book down.  Even after paying a hefty price for the book - it is a text book after all.  It is beautifully signed in calligraphy by the author.

And then I received the syllabus for my upcoming advanced herbal training.  I feel like I know nothing.  The more I study the more I know I need to study.  I've been reading even more herbal books of late to prepare for class.  The advanced herbal training is to become a practicing herbalist.  The second month's classes are taught by Margi.

I pulled out the book.  It is beautifully written.  There is so much information in an easy to read format.  Her illustrations throughout the book are a joy.  Her artwork is amazing.  It is definitely taking a prominent place on my resource shelf.

And next up - Plant Spirit Healing

Hubby's roommate at FDIC (fire department instructor's conference) studies herbs.  They had a wonderful talk about them while out there.  When they got back he dropped the book Plant Spirit Healing off for me to read.  It looks like I'm up for some really good conversation at the next fire department dinner.

No comments:

Visitors