Saturday, January 22, 2011

I might never leave

People keep complaining about the snow. Then why do you live in New England?

I could be driving in to work but have opted to work from home. I do not get as much done or as many hours in as if I went to the office. There is only so much I can do from home. The snow is just a good excuse to stay home. I never thought I'd say this but I am at a point in my life where I don't care if I ever leave the house. My car stays parked for days at a time. I'm content with myself, my home and just puttering and cooking.

I never did get to my fall cleaning until recently. And now it's almost spring cleaning. The stress and living with oldest the energy vampire was too much. But, for the past few weeks I've been on a cleaning frenzy. Not that my house ever looks really dirty (except to me)- an organized house appears clean. I've been washing walls, picture frames, cleaning out closets and cupboards. Hubby remade my pantry which opened up the office. This week end I will be going through oldest's room. It is a pig stye. She packed up her duffel bag, boxed up some books, threw a few things away and abandoned the rest right where it was. I took pictures. I just couldn't imagine leaving my parents home in such a way.

She called at 3:38AM to say she had arrived in Arizona. This made hubby feel better - knowing she arrived safely. Ahh, the train trip was the safest part of her journey but I won't tell him that. He knows that already but has buried it underneath the many other emotions.

He did say to me yesterday, "have you noticed the other kids seem calmer now that oldest is gone?" This week of vacation has been good for him and I'm glad he has noticed. Energy vampire has left the building, left the state is on her way.

And my kindle arrived days before they predicted. I love it. The leather case really gives you the illusion you are holding a book (and protects the screen). The print on the screen looks just like paper. And the illustrations that appear on the screen when it is powered down are amazing. I read The Love Goddess' Cooking School. The way she wove the story of life, love, heartbreak, romance, and food together was fantastic. I love books that involve food. Check it out on my "bookshelf."

No comments:

Visitors