Sunday, January 16, 2011

because someone asked

I'm doing good, thanks for asking.

The countdown is on. Oldest gets on the train Wednesday for her 60 hour trek across country. Yesterday was her going away party. I'm not sure what she thought of it (she would never think to comment). I think it went well. Aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents were all there to wish her well.

This is our first winter "picnic" and it went so well we are planning one for March. Usually we get together memorial day, 4th of July and labor day. From September to May is too long not to see everyone.

We brought boxes home and oldest is actually packing some. Tomorrow she will have packed and sorted everything. I'm home for that.

Hubby is adjusting slowly. Having back up from the counselor helped there. He knows he has done the best he can do and now he just has to let her go. Not easy. It's easier for me - my family is a big proponent of letting grown children sink or swim. Hubby's family wants to hold on tight forever.

I've been making it a point to visit the spa regularly and get together with friends. It is hard in my crazy schedule for that sometimes but I am getting better at making the time.

Hubby took this week as vacation. He needed one.

And summer vacation is booked. Nothing like a vacation to look forward to.

No comments:

Visitors