Wednesday, January 5, 2011

How are you?

Peachy is my sarcastic reply.

Today's reply - I'm alive.

In the big picture life is pretty good. Right now I'm caught between the emotional upheaval Oldest is causing and my husbands emotional breakdown over it. He talked to his boss and he's taking some vacation time. He'll be off the week oldest leaves and the following week. I think that will be good for everyone.

The teachers at youngest annual meeting expressed concern over oldest leaving. Youngest has already started showing some signs of distress.

All I can say is this is going to be one hell of a life lesson.

We have a going away party planned. After I explained to hubby that doesn't mean we approve it just means we love and support her no matter what her decision.

And get this, she won't even be living with bio. Bio has no room. She is going to live in a trailer parked behind her grandmothers double wide. It has heat but no water so she will have to come inside to use the bathroom. It's all OK though because boyfriend will be sharing the trailer with her.

That's right. Bio not only encouraged her daughter to leave school in the middle of her senior year, to skip mid term exams (they start the day she leaves) but to shack up with her boyfriend. Now, I'm not a prude and lived with several boyfriends before I was married but, not as a senior in high school. And under other circumstances I might encourage a couple to live together before marriage but..... there is just something wrong with this whole picture.

Visitors