Thursday, September 9, 2010

Senior yearbook

Oldest is a senior this year and they are asked for all kinds of blurbs for the yearbook - class will, blurb of special memories, a dedication and where they plan to be in 20 years. Oldest typed it out and needed to download it to a disc. She wasn't sure how to do it and asked me. When it wouldn't work at home I e-mailed it to work and downloaded it. I read it at work and this is what I read (only the proper names have changed):

Dedication:
I would like to thank my mom for trying her best to be there for me even though she is currently living in Arizona, my family for helping me to pursue my dreams, to Seth, Son, and Youngest for helping me with everything, and making the best dinner conversations, and to Boyfriend for being the best friend and boy friend ever and helping me through the good times and the bad. Love ya!

In 20 years:
In 20 years, I Oldest, will be a successful nurse working with children, living out west with the amazing love of my life and with 4 children.

I was a little tweaked. Here I am the schmuck copying it to disc. No mention of me or her Dad. And I only got a thank you for copying the disc the day after I brought it home because hubby said something after I tweaked on him for a whole list of PMS pet peeves. The only thing that kept me from totally loosing it was talking to my MIL. This is how she read it (I e-mailed it to her).


Dedication:
I would like to thank my mom for trying her best(and not doing very well) to be there for me even though she is currently living in Arizona, my family{Kim & Dad} for helping me to pursue my dreams, to Seth, son, and youngest for helping me with everything, and making the best dinner conversations, and to boyfriend for being the best friend and boy friend ever and helping me through the good times and the bad. Love ya!

She believes oldest still feels mom will kill her for appearing in any way shape or form as siding with us. She says oldest chose her words very carefully. She says oldest used trying with mom
and that her family is helping. Part of me believes that. She is deathly afraid of bio. The other part of me wonders if she is that smart. So, I'll do what my in-loves do - bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is OK. Because I really wonder why I do anything for the ungrateful, thoughtless, hurtful little ..... Other than I tell myself she is still a child on some level and I need to be the adult and love her no matter what. That someday that will be what makes a difference. And I hope she succeeds where her grandmother (bio's mom) and bio failed with their four children.

So, all that said I am headed to the spa for a massage and pedicure.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Kim. Peace. You are right, you are the adult, it still sucks.

Visitors