Friday, May 14, 2010

Dinner Party Tonight

My J, Hubby's cousin or eye candy - whichever works for you and his girlfriend are coming for dinner tonight. With our crazy schedules we only get together every few months. The last visit was in January. I'm making sour cream chicken, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and a strawberry and spinach salad. I'm making spinach balls as an appetizer. And I was going to make molten lava cakes for dessert because J loves chocolate but hubby grumbled about not eating them because they are chocolate. So, I made a chocolate chip cookie pie and homemade vanilla ice cream.

J and I talked last night to confirm our plans. We are the schedule makers in the group. He wanted to know what he could bring. I enjoy doing the cooking so much I have the meal planned and prepped. I really don't need anything. He feels bad. Once he brought wine but no one but me will drink. J & M stick to water. Should I leave something for them to make? Any way, it should be a fun night.

Youngest off to the soup kitchen with the Girl Scouts. I had this dinner planned and bowed out of driving. The girls are bringing dessert and needed cookies or brownies. As we always have girls who don't show I baked a double batch of chocolate chip cookies.

And this morning I get to visit a good friend who is on a two break from school. Yeah!!!!

1 comment:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Dinner sounds delightful and your friend J.can bring you flowers or some other hostess gift to show that YOU are Totally Da Bomb!!!

Visitors