Saturday, September 26, 2009

A new closet

My walk in closet was perfect for one person. I never had to bundle up clothes with the seasons. Then hubby and I got married. I had to split the closet with him. My dad and I had gone through the entire closet with just the right shelves. Hubby needed more drawer space and so I lost part of my hanging racks. Clothes had to be put in totes with the changing of the seasons. This is sometimes a difficult feat as hubby is usually sleeping when I am home. At first I had the right side and he had the left. I'm 5'4" and he is 6'7". That lasted a day or two - now I have the bottom row and he has the top. As I cleaned the closet today hubby heeded all the complaints and we moved the shelves around. It is now much more accessible. And I really purged. I filled two hefty bags to the brim of clothes to give a way and another bag full of clothes for the trash. I even parted with numerous pairs of shoes. I can't tell you how good it feels and looks.

No comments:

Visitors