Saturday, March 31, 2012

What's new?

I hate that question.  I never know how to answer that.  Life is swimming along.  Kids, husband, house, work keeping all the balls in the air. 

I bought pansies yesterday.  More than I probably needed.  I filled up tera cotta pots and decorated the porch.  They are now covered in snow which I was assured would not hurt them.  I have half a flat left to plant.  I need to dig out the hanging baskets from the shed.  The shed has not been converted over to summer time use yet and is impossible to maneuver in without moving all the bikes.

I finished shopping for my niece's 5th birthday.  Sun dresses for her and barbie clothes.  All wrapped and ready for her party.

I mailed out an Easter package to oldest - a card and candy.  I mailed a package to oldest son.  Easter chocolates for him and his girlfriend.  A super soft stuffed bunny for grandson.  And all of grandson's first birthday presents - books and clothes.

I booked a day at the spa for youngest's birthday.  That was what she wanted.  My diva tomboy.  I'm not sure who she takes after. LOL  I thought she might be a little uncomfortable by herself for the day and having lunch so I booked the day for two.  I canceled my upcoming massage.  Gee, what a sacrifice.  They're running a special so we each have a massage, pedicure, facial, gift bag and lunch.  It should be a fun girl's day.  She wants lasagna for her birthday dinner and a German chocolate cake.

I've been cleaning out closets.  Donating, recycling, giving away.....  I finally have hubby trained.  If something new comes in the house something old goes out. 

The March munchies are over and I'm back on track.  Sipping nettles tea and feeling pretty good.

My last payment was sent to Sage Mountain.  My packet arrived with a detailed schedule for class and a list of my classmates.  There will be 33 of us coming from all over.  I'm the only one from CT.  A lot from MA, VT, NH and ME.  A few from NY and PA and one from Canada.  I'm so excited and nervous.  It really is an advanced class.  I have a few more books I want to read before it starts the first week end in May.

Two weeks until spring break/vacation.

No comments:

Visitors