Friday, January 6, 2012

Freedom

Last night son had his driver's test.  He was able to test on November first (after waiting the 120 days from passing his written permit test) but hubby dragged his feet on calling for an appointment.  I stepped out of this obligation.  He did great!  The guy giving the test even made a note of how great he did.  Wohoo!!!  I'm not sure who is more excited me or son.  He has a car thanks to oldest and after a call to the insurance agent this morning we will not have to drive him to work any more.  Yipee!

I know people who are reluctant to let their children drive.  And when they do get their license they only let them drive short distances - like the end of the driveway.  I am following in my parents footsteps on this one.  He will not be driving my car or hubby's truck.  He needed his own.  Oldest needed her own.  And they pay for the insurance.  But, they will never learn how to drive or find places if you don't let them go it alone.

So, I will never be sitting in a car reading my kindle in my pj's in front of the Log House Resturant again - unless youngest gets a job there.  But, that is a few years away. 

No comments:

Visitors