Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow Day - Again

This is the third snow day this week. The first two could have been an early dismissal and a late opening. If it is going to snow I wish it would just snow. Lots and lots of snow and get it over with. So, instead of subbing for fifth grade today I am home puttering. The good news is that my bills are all paid and I am now caught up on my e-mails. I also harvested my farm. I admit I am really addicted to Farmville. It's crazy but I figure I can have worse problems. And it is the only FB game I play so.... see, here I am trying to justify it.

Oldest is off babysitting, hubby is tucked in bed and son and youngest are just finishing breakfast.

I'm making taco soup (sort of a chili) and cornbread for supper. Tomorrow I'm off to the grocery store. I have such big exciting plans for the week end. Sunday is Temple and my full moon songha group.

Taco Soup

1 lb. hamburger
1 large onion, chopped
4 cups water
1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans
1 (15.5 oz.) can pinto beans
1 (15 oz.) can black beans
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (10.75 oz.) can tomato soup
16 oz. bag frozen corn
1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
Garnish: shredded cheese, sour cream, corn chips

In a large pot combine onion and hamburger. Cook over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbles; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour. Garnish with cheese and sour cream if desired.

2 comments:

Tina said...

i feel the same way about the snow.... just do it and get it over with!! yummm, your taco soup sounds good, i am so hungry right now.
I just wrote my 100th post, alot about my step kids...wish i had the relationship with mine, you have with yours.
enjoy the soup and the snow..
xoxo

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

So sorry for the crap weather on the East Coast.
Thank you for the recipe, yummers.

Visitors