Saturday, November 21, 2009

Horseradish Cranberry Sauce

1 cup water
1 cup sugar
12 oz. bag fresh cranberries
pinch thyme or lemon thyme
2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish


Bring water and sugar to a boil. Stir in cranberries. Turn the heat down and simmer until berries pop, liquid reduces and the sauce thickens. This takes about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. At this point stir in the thyme and horseradish.

I make my own horseradish. Peel the root. Chop up and put in the food processor. Grind until it is the size you like. Mine is chunkier than what you buy in the store. Put it in a jar and pour organic cider vinegar over to cover. This will keep in the fridge for.... Not sure we use about a quart every two months.

3 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thank you for this great recipe. Horseradish is good for liver and gall bladder function, very detoxifying.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Ya know ... I was gonna google for some horseradish cranberry sauce recipes today. I *LOVED* yours ... so ... there it is! THANKS for zooming in on my verve! I love my friends (and their food)! :D

And yeah ... it keeps for months and months!

Kathy said...

I am about to make this. Since I forgot the cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, I feel incomplete. I think this will help.

Visitors