Saturday, August 1, 2009

A week with just Hubby

Sister and brother-in-love are on their way to the Cape today with their three kids. They asked if our three could join them for the week. Hubby dropped them off yesterday. The kids are so excited. I get to spend some time with my hubby, I don't have to shut the bathroom door or wear a robe (it's the little things) and they get to visit some place new. I am so excited for them.

We had his cousin EC and his girlfriend for dinner. They brought a yummy green salad and I made sausage stuffed mushrooms to start, fillet mignon and baked stuffed shrimp, hobo potatoes and for dessert carmel pecan blondies topped with my homemade vanilla ice cream. I was well past 11 when they left. We were so busy talking we lost track of time. I was only awake because I had real coffee for breakfast followed by a coke with lunch. Hubby fell asleep long before me which is really strange. We ended the night by setting our next dinner date. Next time I'm cooking and bringing dinner to EC's house. They left with a bag of goodies. I packed up leftovers for EC and blondies, soap and lotion that I made for girlfriend. I need a better name than girlfriend. Hmm? I really like her. She has still not met his mom - the infamous Aunt D. EC had told Aunt D she would not meet her until she could promise to be nice and hold her tongue. Any way, no sour notes to an awesome evening.

Today hubby and I are going out for breakfast. It is my favorite meal to eat out. I find cooking breakfast so tedious. Tonight Hubby is marching in the firemen's parade. I've opted to watch the parade rather than march. It has been far too long since I've been able to see a parade.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I love going out for breakfast.

Have a great week!

lynette355 said...

whooot time without the kids
it is always welcome change
they will have a blast
and wink wink hopefully you will too
enjoy

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Woo Hoo for time alone w/your hubster!! Even though I missed our boys like crazy when they were at scout camp for a week, it was nice to have "us time". Thanks, K.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Oh, a week with the husband? Heaven! Have fun!

Visitors