Saturday, October 20, 2012

Where do I go from Here?

This past week end was my last class at the beautiful Sage Mountain.  I now have my certificate signed by Rosemary Gladstar.  But, I have so much more than that.  I have a new confidence in my abilities, I have new friends, new knowledge that I am still assimilating and an experience to last a life time.

This past Friday we arrived amongst snow flurries/sleet.  We were able to get the camper set up in between weather bursts.  And I am so glad we had heat in the camper.  It was in the teens Friday night.  Saturday was much warmer getting into the thirties.  I came prepared with many layers, heavy sweaters and socks, slippers for class and a hoodie to sleep in.  (This is the view from our campsite)

Something up there triggered my allergies like crazy.  My sinuses filled up and were kicking my but.  I took a short nap in the yurt (classroom) at lunch time.  I was afraid if I slept in the camper I would miss class.  The first woman back to the yurt asked if I was OK.  When I explained the situation she asked if I had tried ......  She gave me a dropper under my tongue and in half an hour my headache was gone, sinuses clear and sneezing stopped.  I had another dropper after class and I felt like a new woman.  I will be studying and using this plant ally from now on. We broke out into small groups for the last time and then I had a massage.

Flower offers massage on Saturday evenings and I had signed up for October.  OMG, it was one of the best if not the best massage I've ever had.  It was an hour but I felt like she had worked on me for several.  I'm thinking it might be worth the four hour trip to see her again.  It was that good.

I headed down to supper which was in full swing.  I had a little to eat, a nice shower and headed to bed.

The teacher for the week end was Caroline Gagnon.  She was amazing!!!!  It was some lecture, it was inter active, she taught exercise and movement, she discussed the lymph and women's reproductive.  I was her model for a simple exercise for breast tenderness.  In two minutes my breasts felt better and the swelling was down. 

Class went a little late and then we had closing circle and received our certificates.  Rosemary gives out moon necklaces to her apprentices but not for this class.  Me and another woman did not take her apprentice class and asked about the moons.  She gave us permission to get moons and told us where to get them.  After the certificates we asked her to bless them before we put them on for the first time.  It was lovely.  Such a simple powerful symbol.


It was after dark by the time the camper was broken down and we were on our way.  I'm usually home by 9 and this night it was closer to midnight.

And now, I get to decide what I'm going to do with this experience and where I'm studying next.

No comments:

Visitors