Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The TV is Off

The kids had no school yesterday and are off again today for teacher in-service. I came home from work yesterday and youngest was plunked in front of the box of mind numbing crap or MNC as I commonly refer to the TV. She's not even watching anything in particular as the remote gets a workout in her hands. She looked like a blob - eyes droopy and all. After supper I sent her to work out with hubby and she spent some time on the treadmill.

Today I'm home and she is NOT spending 8 hours watching MNC. The other kids seem to be able to occupy themselves. Youngest and I spent over an hour playing on the wii. I suck at skateboarding and juggling in case you were wondering.

Tonight we get to sell Girl Scout cookies. Other than cookie order time which starts in January Girl Scouts can sell cookies on election day. Their rules are rather bizarre (they even limit the dollar amount of donations a troop can receive). I'll vote at the same time - no sense making two trips.

Friday night EC is coming for dinner with his girlfriend. I've been trying to decide what to make. I think I've settled on baked shrimp scampi, twice baked potatoes and a pumpkin cheesecake. EC's bringing a salad. And as an appetizer I think I'm trying a new recipe - buffalo chicken won tons. I'll let you know how they turn out. Tonight son is making dinner - a free form pork pie.

2 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

MNC - I like that. It seems the only time we turn our box on is to pop in a movie. I mean, other than for football! :)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Gosh, everything sounds delicious! MNC for sure, just sucks the life out of kids.

Visitors