Sunday, January 17, 2010

What's Cooking?

Friday night my J and his girlfriend came for dinner. It's been cold and windy as winters usually are so I decided on summer picnic food. We had fried chicken, baked potato salad with the works and roasted butternut squash at J's request. He brought foccacia bread and we followed the meal with double chocolate mocha trifle.

Last night we took oldest and her girlfriend our for grinders before bowling for her birthday party. We came home to a black forest cheesecake. The kids get to pick what they want for their birthday and oldest has been working her way through the cheesecake cookbook.

Tonight I'm making sausage and cauliflower soup. I'll serve that up with bread toasted in the oven with a garlic compound butter slathered on.


Summer vacation is booked. Each year I trade our time share for a new location. I give them a six week window and request a bunch of destinations and wait for a confirmation in my e-mail box. The e-mail came yesterday. Wohoo!! I am so excited. I can't mention to where in case any of the kids stumble across my blog but I'm going to be enjoying some of the best fried catfish, hush puppies and sweet tea this summer. I was there about 15 years ago with my parents and we had a blast. I can't wait to take hubby and the kids. It is going to be so much fun.

1 comment:

Tina said...

awwww....all that food sound yummy!! congrats on booking the vacation, we still need to figure out where we are going this summer.
xoxo

Visitors