Saturday, January 26, 2013

Yup, I finally did it

I signed up for belly dancing classes.  The intro was Thursday night and some 20 or so of us women in all shapes and sizes braved the single digit temperatures and showed up for class.  The note said that most wear yoga pants and a t-shirt to class but to dress in what makes you feel beautiful.  Now how one can say yoga pants and beautiful in the same sentence is beyond me.  Unless you are slim and trim with only slight curves do yoga pants do any one any justice and those years are behind me.  Plus, even those I found not so appalling were so long.  I know I'm not tall like my in-laws but at 5" 4" I don't think I'm really short.  Every pair I tried on was at least 6 inches too long.  WTF.  So, I opted for sweat pants.  Needless to say I arrived having one of those fat days.  Which really isn't like me.

Instantly the instructor made me feel comfortable and beautiful.  Class was so much fun.  I can't believe I waited so long to check this off my list of want to try.  Did I mention how much fun I had.  And I felt so good after class.  This is what exercise should feel like.

1 comment:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

What a lovely experience! And, you know, the beauty we see in the world is our reflection. :)

Visitors