Monday, July 23, 2012

Picnic

Yesterday was my family picnic.  It went well.  Some laughs, some catching up and good food.  My niece and nephew were full of energy and auntie spent some time playing with them outside.  Following them for an hour is better than any gym.  No game lasts more than a few minutes.  And as much as the two of them fight they want to be near each other.  At one point nephew gave his younger sister a wedgie. I'll give you one I said and the chase was on.  Around the back yard, around the house, around the sheds we went.  We'd stop and start again.  I finally caught him and up and over my shoulder he went as I pretended to give him a wedgie.   Giggle, giggle.  Then he was off again.  "miss me, miss me now you gotta...."  Kiss you I said and scooped him up and smothered him with kisses.  Then my nieces turn.

Then my mom calls this morning to apologise.  For what?  Dad yelled at her because she gave leftover salad to my brother and not to me.  Really?!   I reassured her I wasn't upset, that I need to use all the food I have in my fridge by Friday so nothing spoils when we go away and brother could use it.  That was her thought  My SIL doesn't cook a lot and she only makes things she likes.  She doesn't like salad made with mayo so my brother only gets it when he comes to visit (which can be a lot sometimes).  So mom gave him some to take home and pie for the kids.  Hey, I would have done the same thing.  Dad was also tweaked that they had to spend ten minutes picking up some toys and smoothing out the blanket on the bed.  It didn't look like a museum.  He really needs to chill. So mom vented and felt better. 

Family - the only thing normal about then is a setting on the dishwasher.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Visitors