Monday, September 26, 2011

New Room

By Saturday morning the room was painted and the lights were installed.  Youngest and I brought all of the dresser drawers upstairs.  Hubby had a friend coming over to help him move the furniture. 

I picked up my mom and went to my cousin's house for her wedding shower at noon. She's a little over an hour South of here.  We had to leave early so mom could go to her dinner party and I could go to a birthday party.  It was a nice time and we were able to do some catching up. 

Then I was home picking up youngest and driving North for more than an hour.  I was off to hubby's cousin's house.  Her daughter's first birthday party.  Everyone brought a dish to share instead of presents.  It was nice catching up there.

I love visiting family, mine, extended, others....  it really makes you realize that your dysfunctional family isn't all that dysfunctional. 

I arrived home to my new room.  All the furniture was upstairs and the bed was made.  Ahhh!  Once hubby and I are both awake at the same time I will take pictures.  I still have a few things to put away.  We need to move the clothes in the closet and hang pictures but..... I love it.

And just in time.  Our old room - the temporary master bedroom - is now our guest room.  And last night our adopted nephew moved in for the week.  I can't wait to spoil him and feed him for the week.  Then he'll be headed out of state for his new job.  I'm excited for him but, we'll miss him.

No comments:

Visitors