Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Good and Bad

Sunday my brother and his family along with my parents came over.  My brother was taking a bed, two closets, a swing set and two trees.  It sounded simple enough.  Hubby took the closets apart for easy moving.  The swing set needed a little help as the bolts were hard to remove but a little WD-40 and two men with tools and it came down and was loaded into the truck.  Then the trees.  They fell right where they should have (yeah) and then branches were hauled to the burn area.  Logs were loaded onto the trailer.  Even the kids helped.  And when they were tired youngest made them lunch and kept them occupied.  Some five plus hours later the simple job was complete.  Sun was shining where once it was extremely dark.  This should help with the lawn.

It's been 4 months since son's birthday.  It's been three weeks since youngest's birthday.  The week of son's birthday bio told him should would send him the boots he wanted as a gift.  I guess he knew she wasn't serious because he didn't bother to tell her we had bought them the previous summer.  Still waiting on a card or a gift or something.  Oldest asked youngest what she wanted for her birthday in a series of instant messages.  On her birthday she posted a sweet happy birthday from all the family in Arizona.  She listed everyone.  She also stated her present was in the mail.  Yeah, OK.  I'm sure bio told oldest she would get something for youngest.  Oldest still believes her.  I think I'm more upset than the kids.  I just don't get it.  And if you are not sending anything - keep your mouth SHUT!!!  So, since January 19 the kids have talked to bio once.  She doesn't call, she doesn't write and yet, she is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  OK, I guess that is what really irks me.  I'm the one they expect to take care of them and spoil them and she is their hero. {and for the record the less contact they have the better off they are - you can see it in them} [and the one time she did call and talk for five minutes youngest had nightmares for a week]

But,.....  I'm the one getting hugs and kisses.  And I'm the one watching them grow.  And I'm the one molding them into productive adults.  And that makes it all worth it.

Today my mom and I are off to visit my cousin and her new baby.  I had fun picking out all kinds of cute baby girl outfits.  I finished the needlepoint last night.  We will stop and pick up a frame on the way.  I'll try and remember to take pictures.

No comments:

Visitors