Thursday, March 31, 2011

Braces and Break Ups

Last week youngest went to the orthodontist for her spacers. That didn't go so well. She was on soft food for a week. Everyone told her the braces were less painful. Hubby and I both went with her this week for moral support. The braces went on with no problems. She's a little soar still but is eating more foods. I'm still making cream soups for lunch along with yogurt, pudding, apple sauce and jell-o. Today she had pop corn. OK as long as it is once piece at a time and she doesn't eat any kernels. She is completely moved into her new room. I found bedding for my "new" room and have started cleaning out. A few furniture pieces need to go. Then hubby and I can paint and change the light fixture and move upstairs. Son and girlfriend broke up. He handled it pretty well. From what I can gather she broke up with him. It started as a friendly break up - grown apart type of deal. She even had him for dinner that night and they continued to talk on the phone. Then he found out that she was "all over some guy" before the break up. That really hurt. His job is going well. And the good weather has started up the air soft tournaments again so, he is happy. I'm so caught up at work that I took today off. I had nothing to do. My boss had nothing for me to do. Next week will be busier as clients mail in paper work and I have two new clients starting soon. I did work at home though. I have a pampered chef party tomorrow night and about 20 women are coming for dinner. So, I scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom. I vacuumed the house and started prepping food. Laundry has been going on through out the day as well. I don't have normal PC parties. I actually cook and cook a lot. So the menu is... Mini vegetable quiches Tuscan White bean and sausage soup Moroccan Lentil Salad Edamame and Chicken Salad Chicken and Tortellini bake Beef enchilada casserole A Reuben bread ring Curried Turkey meatballs Pumpkin Spice Cake Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle Tomorrow I will finish cooking, set up the tables hubby is borrowing from the fire house and hoping everyone can make it with the blizzard they predicting. The weather men have said we will have anywhere from rain to 1 to 12 inches of snow. Gee, that about covers it. Gotta love New England. As you can see I'm so worried I haven't canceled my party.

No comments:

Visitors