Monday, May 14, 2012

Turned Out OK


So, mother's day was pretty good.  I was up early and made new batches of toner, sugar scrub and lotion.  I brought gift bags to the gym as a little shameless promotion for the owners.  They said I could leave brochures out.  And I spent an hour and a half working out.

 I came home and made a scrumptious lunch if I do say so myself.  And the new blackberry cobbler recipe was to live for. Yum!!!

Youngest had picked out my card.  Garfield telling me that some kids show they care by hard work and others by hugs.  Son wrote that he doesn't do hugs and youngest wrote that she loves them.  So fitting.  And I received two beautiful hanging plants for the Shepard's hooks in front of the deck.  With all the pansies I potted up, the hanging baskets and the flowers planted below it truly is an oasis. 

And after mom and dad headed home I curled up in my window seat and read.

What a great day!

1 comment:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

It sounds like you had a pretty good day … good food, some family love, blooms and curling up with a good book. Not too shabby!

And well deserved too!

Visitors