Saturday, August 13, 2011

Creation

For the first time in years I may have to buy soap.  My last batch did not cure right and melts away rather quickly.  And I have friends inquiring about purchasing items. So, today after a lovely morning with friends discussing books over tea I got busy.

I brewed up a calendula infusion for my toner. I set some oil and beeswax over a double boiler for my lip balm and prepared an ice bath for soap making.  Toner is done and labeled.  Thirty lip balms are waiting for labels and a batch of lavender & lime soap is setting up nicely. 

I need to pick up some more oil and start another batch of soap and experiment on my shampoo bars again.
It felt good. 

I then made hot wings for son, BBQ wings for hubby and mustard grilled chicken legs for dinner. I tried a new recipe - quinoa tabbouleh as a side.  Next time I use a little less vinaigrette than called for but all those fresh cukes and tomatoes with parsley and mint from the garden worked well with the quinoa.

Then we headed to the beach for a few. 

No comments:

Visitors